The development of the Outer Harbor provides an opportunity to create a world class destination for cultural and eco tourism in our region.
- Assure continuous public access -from the water’s edge
- Dedicate parkland to protect against over-development
- Assure lake related uses
- Provide public transportation to Outer Harbor including
multimodal options such as bikes, water taxis and electric trolleys
- Eliminate industrial zoning
- Establish limits for parking for all new development
- Zone for building height limits to provide vistas or buffers
- Use sustainable energy sources and practices throughout
- Complete Olmsted’s legacy by connecting our greenways from Downtown to the Waterfront
- Dedicate this park to Olmsted; celebrating his prescient concepts in the revitalization of Buffalo’s Waterfront.